Grounds of processing
Feel Robotics processes your personal information on the following grounds:
* Your given consent; and
* To fulfil any legal obligation under applicable law.
You can revoke your given consent at any time. However, doing so may have consequences for the usage of the website, chrome plugin and/or app.
Type of information collected and use of information collected
In the event, you make use of any service provided via the website and/or any of the apps (either in connection with any other website and/or app or not) for which a fee is payable to Feel Robotics, Feel Robotics shall collect and store personal information to be able to bill the fees payable.
When you make use of the Feel Robotics app, the user can create a user or guest account. When the user creates a user account, the user would enter a unique username, e-mail, and password. This information will be stored until the user deletes their account on the app. The user would receive a code to confirm his email address, this will also be stored on Feel Robotics servers.
A guest user will have an auto-generated username and no email or password. The username will be stored until this account is deleted from the app.
Otherwise, Feel Robotics collects and stores information like (i) IP address, (ii) Bluetooth MAC address and device type of a device connected to the website and/or app upon joining a video / chat session within the app and (iii) on- and offline times of devices when connected to an online service. The chat sessions are locally stored and can be removed by the user. If the user sends a message to their partner, but the partner’s phone is offline, this message will be temporarily stored on the server until the partner’s phone comes online. Messages are not stored on the server. Users can share their device control with each other. When you are in a couple chat or video chat, you can see each other's devices in the chat. Feel Robotics will know which device is shared in real time; however, this information is only stored for the duration of the chat session.
Feel Robotics also collects but does not store, battery level and firmware version of a device connected to the website and/or app as well as various sensor values of touch sensors on any and all devices connected to the website and/or app. If the user is able to change the name of their device, this changed name is also stored on the server.
Feel Robotics collects access logs that contain IP addresses of the user. Feel Robotics stores the users profile picture and is able to see which profiles are connected within the FeelConnect app.
In addition, Feel Robotics needs the following phone permissions, to which the user herewith agrees:
* Location permission. Feel Robotics does not store the location of the phone or tries to triangulate the position from the GPS signal. Location is only used to improve Bluetooth connection services.
* File access permission. Feel Robotics stores downloaded videos, onboarding, and manuals from the server on phone, but does not store file usage data from the phone. File access is only used to access stored content for playback on the device. At the request of the user, the app will download the latest promotions and blog posts of the manufacturer of their device.
* Camera permission. Feel Robotics does not store or collect camera output. The camera is only used for QR-code scanning. When the QR code is used for registration, the scanned authentication number is stored.
* Microphone permission. Feel Robotics does not store or collect microphone data. Microphone data is only used to control certain types of devices.
* WIFI connection permission. Feel Robotics does not store or collect Wifi network information. Wifi network information is only used to communicate with Feel Robotics servers.
* Phone device ID permission. Feel Robotics may store phone device information on the app, but this information is not stored or collected by Feel Robotics on internal servers. It is used to run the app correctly on the designated device and at the request of the user, downloaded to customer service in order to better help the resolution of the problem. Logging information will be removed when the ticket is closed.
* Phone call information permission. Feel Robotics does not store or collect phone call information. Phone call information is only used to suspend device interaction with certain devices when an incoming call is received on the phone.
* Bluetooth permission. Feel Robotics doesn’t collect or store Bluetooth connection information, except for MAC addresses, device names, and models of connected devices.
FeelConnect Chrome Extension
In case you make use of the FeelConnect Chrome Extension, we will request that you enter your email address. We will use this email address to send you an activation code. This activation code will give you access to the tipping service through the Google Chrome browser. On the Feel Robotics server, we will store your email address, activation code, the name of the site you connect with and the username you use on that site. On occasion, the email address provided to Feel Robotics will be used to notify you when there is an update to the software or improvements to the extension. If you have opted in to receive marketing or promotional emails; your email address will also be used for these purposes. This information will not be shared with third-parties nor will it be used for any other purposes other than to improve services provided to you. When you receive a tip, we will store the time, amount, duration and strength of the tip, as well as the website and username.
Refusal to provide personal information to Feel Robotics
If you choose not to submit personally identifiable information when requested, you may not be able to use certain features and it may considerably limit the services we can provide you. To simply use our site, however, you do not need to give us any personally identifiable information.
You will know when personally identifiable information is collected because you will be asked to fill out a form. However, we may collect some information about you by using data collection technology, so that it may not be readily apparent to you that it is being collected. For instance, when you come to our website, your IP address is collected so that we know where to send information you are requesting. An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. A “cookie” is a small file or record-keeping device that websites often store on a user’s computer. You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer. We do not use IP addresses or cookies to collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, or to link this information to personally identifiable information already collected about you. This information may be used to make our site more interesting and useful to you. Additionally, we may combine this information with personally identifiable information to identify a visitor in order to protect our service, website or visitors to the website and/or apps.
Sharing personal information
We may share any non personal information with third parties, as far as such sharing is necessary for the proper or optimal performance of any part of the website or app. In addition, we might share certain non personal or anonymized information with third parties to enable us to track certain use of the websites and/or apps and parts thereof.
From time to time, we may employ and share your personal information with vendors who use it solely to provide support for the internal operations of our website and/or app (e.g., technical support and network delivery. Any such entities will not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us.
It is our policy not to sell or rent your personal information to any company not directly related to the manufacture or publishing of Feel Robotics products.
In case of any data sharing, Feel Robotics will be the controller and the third party will be the processor. Feel Robotics will enter into a processing agreement with this third party in order to ensure the safety of your personal data.
Links to third-party sites and/or apps
Access and opt-out
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
* Information regarding the collection of your personal data;
* Access to the collected data;
* Rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
* Restriction of the collections of your personal data;
* The right to revoke your given consent; and
* The right to data portability.
If you wish to review, update, or delete any personal information that we may have collected about you, please contact our privacy officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain appropriate safeguards that ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personally identifiable information we collect from all visitors. Personal information collected by us is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and are only accessible by authorized employees. We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Questions and complaints
Last revised 13th September 2022